Tuesday, August 25, 2009

School workday #2

On Saturday we volunteered again at Alexis new school.While Jason(cleaned, vacuumed, weeded the garden and tended to the kids and others)
I worked at getting
all these books logged into the computer. I think there were about 700 between the two of us typing them in. (They are looking for more if anyone has any books to donate let me know:))
I asked Alexis to walk around and take pictures:) Here is what we got:
Brayden and daddy cleaning out the windows
Daddy(I'm not sure what he is doing here?)
A view out one of her classroom windows towards the playground
Ladybugs up on the second floor which will be the teachers area for their desks. I think they will be doing some cleaning after everything else downstairs is done.
Also after the workday was done and we went walking around I saw a bat hanging upside down in a doorway next to this(the kids never saw it during the day)(there are no pictures of it because I ventured back downstairs after I showed J and the kids:):
After Alexis took the pictures her and Brayden did a little marker testing
This building is the home of the 6th grade classroom(and 7th grade next year) along with a gymnasium that has a stage and an overlook area.
There is also a football field and sand volleyball court along with a basketball hoop area and 4 square.
This is the back of the main building.
We are very excited for her to start 1st grade this year and Brayden will be going next year:) Next Monday will be a big night, they will have a ribbon cutting and are inviting the community to come see the grounds. I can't wait to see the school all put together!:):)

No comments: