Thursday, October 15, 2009

7th Birthday Party

Alexis wanted to have a birthday party at a hotel this year. There was a new one that just opened in our town and we decided to try it out. She wanted to invite a few friends along with family.
Our bakery in town has now closed and I was forced to make her birthday cake:) I found a really neat recipe on a mom blog and decided to test it out. It was a hit! It even tasted pretty good:)
Here she is in the little zero depth kiddie pool
And some of her friends too
Brayden had fun laying on the water
and the kids played ring a round the rosy
She loved her party!

2 comments:

Christine said...

Looks like Alexis had a great birthday. Love the cake. Did you get that off McMama's blog? It looks hard to make.

Hope Alexis is feeling better today.
Christine

Michelle and Family said...

Yes Christine I did get it off her blog. It was very time consuming! I actually made two cakes because there was suppose to be more people there and I didn't want to run out of cake. It made a lot more than I thought it would. It took all afternoon and into the evening to make. We only had 3 round cake pans and had to make 12:) But it was a hit with the party.

Thanks for asking, Alexis is doing so so still, seems a bit better though.