Monday, April 11, 2011

Last Thanksgiving...

I know this post is way out of order but I am very proud of this day and I just got the pictures from my friend so here you go:) Last Fall I was so done with the weight I had gained and needed to do something about it. With help from family and friends I got on a healthier eating and exercise plan, and lost a lot of weight. My best friend, Tami, had asked me last spring if I wanted to run a 5K with her. At that time I told her no. I have never been a runner. Yes I was an athlete in high school and college but really didn't enjoy running at all. So when I was in better shape I decided to go ahead and do it. We ran in the Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot for IRIS(Infants Remembered In Silence)in town. It was a lot of fun to run in my first race. It was so cold the day of the race(not the best day to run our first 5K). I think the temperature was right around 0 degrees(Brrr!!!), and it had snowed the day before, so the roads were a but slick. I was quite nervous but it helped to have Tami there to keep me running. She was in cross country in high school so I didn't want to keep her behind but she said we ran at a great pace. I couldn't believe it when we finished and I was 10 minutes quicker than I thought I would be. It was a day I won't forget for a very long time! So great to accomplish something that I didn't think I would be able to ever do. We didn't bring a camera to the race, one less thing to worry about. So we took self portraits at her house afterwards. Then we parted ways and spent Thanksgiving with our families.

No comments: