Saturday, May 26, 2012

Oreo

On Monday morning Alexis noticed Oreo's eye was all goopy and he wasn't able to get it open.  We were all just getting in the car so when we got home that night we noticed it was looking pretty bad.  Jason brought her into our friend Tami who is a Veterinarian, on his way to Volleyball that night.  
She said that it looked like it had been cut by something and the eye would possibly need to be removed.
On Tuesday she brought him in to have surgery and they decided they were going to try to save the eye and stitch it up.  Just as they were finishing the surgery, Oreo's heart stopped working.  The two doctors did everything they could to get his heart back working again.
However it just wasn't strong enough to start pumping again.  Our sweet little boy is climbing lots of trees and chasing lots of mice in heaven:(
As soon as I picked up the kids from school on Tuesday Alexis asked how he was.  I somehow managed to get her to gymnastics(a mile away) without telling her.  Once there I got out of the car and my little animal lover was in tears in seconds.  I felt so bad for her.  To make it worse she had gymnastics so I had to leave her in tears and send her in.  I worked that night so Jason was on burial duty.  After Jason picked her up from gymnastics they went to pick up Oreo and brought him home.  Alexis picked a tree by our bird feeders so that he could watch the birds:(
Then they decorated a stone with his name and the date, and cut a peony from the bush and laid him to rest. We are very sad that he had to go but know he is having fun where he is.  The next morning Alexis told me that he got his wings because she saw the sun shinning on him.

No comments: