I was checking out the Safe Sanctuary's listed dogs one night, and Copper jumped out to me and said choose me. They were having an adoption day the next day so I contacted the owner of Safe and asked her about him. We went the next day and met him and that was the end of our one dog household.
He is a very mellow dog, the cats are a little scared of him. I think its because he is so much bigger than Halley
We discovered shortly after we were home that he had a BAD case of the flees. I have no idea how the previous owners didn't notice. It was bad. Luckily I had meds on hand to treat him with. By the next night they were all gone. We did a lot of cleaning, in the house and on him. It's not easy lifting an 80 lb dog into the bath tub:)
Alexis immediately fell in love...
We did a little photo shoot since we were out there:)
We are definately going to be in trouble with this one...
Copper is one of the most mellow dogs I have ever known. He doesn't run much and only barks when the doorbell rings. We found out a few weeks ago that he has a thyroid problem so we have him on meds for that. Which has perked him up a little bit. He has started to taunt the cats.








No comments:
Post a Comment