Monday, September 15, 2008

All I need to say is Head Lice. Are you itching yet?

Oh the joys of school:) While putting Alexis hair up the other day, I noticed a couple bugs. They were brown I didn't really think anything of it because I always thought head lice was white. Nope! The actual bug that lays the white eggs is brown. I googled head lice and the nightmare began!

A friend told me to use Mayo and cover the head with a shower cap and let it sit there as long as possible. Alexis lasted through a whole movie. Then we used Dawn soap to wash it out and then shampooed with a coconut shampoo. This worked great. It was really hard to get out the eggs with the comb I had so I went to the drug store and bought RID which had a special comb in it. We picked up all her stuffed animals and toys and bedding. It is all in bags for a couple weeks.

This morning when I combed through it after combing last night there were still a few live lice so I used the rid and combed through it again. 4 hours later we were at the school and they sent us home because there were a few empty egg shells that I had missed. Alexis was so upset(She absolutely loves school)! So we went home 4 kids in tow and cleaned and cleaned and cleaned. Washing everything I could. Then we picked out the few eggs shells that were left over.

I'm praying I got them all and there are no more live ones tomorrow morning! What a nightmare!

So that is the excitement in our lives right now. Off to wash some rugs:)

No comments: