Monday-Alexis went to bed with a sore throat
Tuesday-I got a call from the nurse saying Alexis had been in twice with throat pain but she had no fever. Luckily I was still in town picking up Brayden from preschool. So I picked her up a little early from school and me and the four kids made a trip to the doctor. The doctor did a strep test and everything came back fine. She also looked in Braydens mouth and said his was red also and looks like it would be painful. She said it was just a virus so medicine wouldn't do anything for it. While we were there I decided it was time to get Alexis' flu shot. So I did some bribing and there were only a few tears shed. Alexis decided it wasn't as bad as she thought it would be. When we got home I gave her a couple books I had been saving for her. She was very happy with that.
Wednesday-Work, Work, Work
Thursday-The kids are both still not feeling the best. Brayden actually seems a little worse. But no fever, just the cold. More work:)
Today-I got Alexis on the bus and then Brayden, Mom and I drove up to the cities for Brayden's 2nd Echo. We were able to get right in and were only there for a little over an hour. The doctor said everything looked fine, except they needed to look at one spot. A little while later she said everything looked fine and she wouldn't need to see him for a year. She also gave the OK to take him off of his aspirin. Yeah!!!:) When we got there Brayden was weighed and measured. In the last 2 months since he was there, he gained 2 pounds and 1 inch! Wow, she said he is now in the 25th percentile in both height and weight! I don't think he has ever been up to the 25th percentile. I am so relieved to have this behind us for now. Now he just needs to stay healthy and away from the Kawasaki Disease. At least I know what to look for now! After we left the doctor we did some shopping at the MOA and ate a yummy lunch. Then we went to see my friend Andrea for just a few minutes to exchange some clothes, then to do some more shopping. Brayden was so good today! no whining or complaining! He crashed in the car on the way to target so we cut our shopping a little short. He was coughing quite a bit this afternoon also. Hopefully he is able to sleep well tonight. So much fun we had today. Alexis was picked up by Aunt Kelly from school. I haven't talked to them but it sounds like(from Jason) they are having a fun outing of there own. She might even have a sleep over, we will see.
Now my next project for the weekend is to print out my Christmas letter and get my cards made up. Sounds like we will be making a few Christmas turtles this weekend also.
Friday, November 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm so happy to read that Brayden's echo went well. I pray he never has to deal with KD again. Hope eveyone feels better soon.
Christine
Post a Comment