Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Alexis update

Yesterday was AWFUL! Alexis slept through the night Monday and woke up with no fever. We were off to a good start. However after eating a piece of toast and jello along with her new medicine(which she started the night before and had no problems). She (and I) spent the whole morning in the bathroom. Me holding her hair back and rubbing her back:( Her with major stomach cramps and praying to the porcelain god:((over and over and over). I'm not kidding when I say all morning(3 hours). I even talked to our pediatrician 4 times yesterday and twice today. She took a few short naps but had major stomach cramps all afternoon. The pediatrician said if she wasn't able to keep anything down in the afternoon we were to go to the ER for an IV. She was pretty sure she had a case of the flu along with her Strep throat and also having a reaction to the medicine(cramps). Poor little thing was in so much pain. Luckily the vomiting stopped and we were just left with the cramps, by 5:00 when J came home she was feeling a lot better. I sent him to play with Brayden downstairs. Poor Brayden had no attention all day. Alexis and I hung out I read her a chapter book and then she had a little soup and toast and was feeling a lot better.

This morning was a lot better. She had stomach cramps for about 30 minutes after her meds but kept down all her food today and actually played quite a bit. Tomorrow we are going to try her going back to school. Hoping she will make it through the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry she had a rough day. I hope she is feeling better today.
Christine