Saturday, July 25, 2009

A New Adventure!?.

About a month ago I received an email I wasn't expecting at all! I will start at the beginning.
Back in February I found a pamphlet for a new school that was going to be starting in the fall. I looked at it for a few minutes and thought it sounded too good to be true. The school is called Cannon River STEM school *(click the schools name to learn more)* It is a charter school, that will involve more hands on learning, Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. I contacted them a little while after that and learned a little bit more about it. Sort of put it aside, then came the end of March and I sent in an email that I wanted to sign her up for the school. I never heard anything from them. Nothing even saying they received my email. I figured there must be a reason why not, still wasn't so sure about taking her away from the school she first started in. Which is an awesome school! Time got away from me and I had forgotten I even sent in that information. Then at the end of June I got an email out of the blue from them saying "We are delighted to offer enrollment to Alexis in our 1st grade class for this upcoming school year!". I was shocked!!!

We visited the teacher a few days after that email at the grounds where the school would be. A few days later we sent in the paperwork for Alexis to join the school this fall.

The Saturday before we left for our vacation we went and helped clean up the grounds. We spent 4 hours pulling weeds, laying bark down, cutting and dragging tree branches. And lots of other misc. things. Oh yes and the weather was unseasonably cold for July(high 60's), the reason why everyone is wearing sweatshirts and pants.

Here is a picture of Alexis and her first grade teacher, Sarah Olsen

The school
Alexis 1st grade room, needs a lot of work
Helping move weeds
Brayden helping scoop the bark
Alexis too
The play area

Taking a break to eat watermelon
and getting a ride in the trailer
This will definitely be a new adventure with a lot of unknowns. But we believe this will be a great opportunity for both kids in the future.

No comments: