Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Zoo Day!

Last Friday the kids, grandma and I all went up to the zoo. It was a hot but enjoyable day. There were a few new exhibits we hadn't seen this summer. So up to the zoo we traveled. The first thing we saw were these turtles basking in the heat on a log. The first one was waving to us:)
Then we were able to see this tiger running around his area. I wasn't prepared for that and only caught half of it in a picture. So I thought this was a better picture of it. Usually when we see the tigers they are laying down and not being active. It was fun to see this one running.
This was one of the reasons we wanted to go to the zoo. This is an American draft horse that was born at the zoo, recently. I can't remember how old it is.
sitting on the pig.
An Ostrich that looked like it had gone to heaven. But really it was just getting out of the heat, with us looking on.
Another baby horse
The next reason we went to the zoo. Africa was on exhibit, there were a few different giraffes hanging out. I took video that should be at the bottom of this post.
Three babies playing follow the leader
Alexis has been wanting to go through this splash area since she found out about it. The weather has always been cold when we are there. This was the perfect day to bring there suits and play in the water.
Brayden holding the water down
Standing in the water
The other new exhibit at the zoo was the butterfly exhibit. There were butterflies flying all around us, Alexis was super excited!
Grandma and the kids
The kids and I
a few of the Butterflies...



Giraffe

No comments: